How we do it
- We work with groups of any ability
- We welcome people who think they can't sing
- We enable people to hear and enjoy their own voice while singing with others
- We help you to learn songs just by listening
It's about welcoming all voices into a group without audition and working from there to make a group sound.
It's about making learning by ear accessible to the whole group so that nobody needs to be able to read music.
How we don't do it
- We don't hold auditions
- We don't ask anyone to sing alone
- We don't ask anyone to read music notes
In our team approach we teach 3 or 4 part songs to groups of people concurrently. You won't be waiting
around while others learn their parts from the same leader - your group will be singing a 4 part harmony in minutes!
We bring you a wealth of experience in the fields of health, community work & teaching, as well as singing and music.
Who we are
Vicky is an experienced natural voice practitioner and has been leading community singing workshops since 2008.
After 30 years as a Registered Nurse, in 2010 she trained with Frankie Armstrong and subsequently took up voice work
full time. She is an enthusiastic teacher with an holistic approach to the mental, physical and social benefits
of singing together. Vicky's regular work includes 2 community choirs, 'Singing for the Brain' for the Alzheimer's
Society, a recovery choir for mental health service users and 'wild singing' in the outdoors.
Kate is a facilitator and leader with over 35 years' experience of working in community settings, providing
empowering opportunities for people to find their voice. She has been co‑leading community choirs since
2006 and delivering bespoke singing for mental health and well‑being projects since 2011. She is currently practicing
her new skills of facilitating circle singing. As well as sharing her joy of wonderful harmonies Kate is a
consultant/trainer in the voluntary sector.
Finding his voice as a child, and later discovering the beauty of harmony, Darren has been singing and facilitating
in choirs since 2010. The intervening years were dominated, musically, by punk, blues and folk and playing guitar,
banjo and trombone. He sings with a performance focused bunch of blokes and co‑organises singing
festivals. Alongside his voice work, Darren teaches adolescents with special needs and runs a successful Forest
Sarah has been immersed in music since childhood, playing violin from the age of 8 and then learning piano as an
adult. Her first love, though, has always been singing, from cathedral choral to a capella
and everything in
between. She joined a community choir in 2012 and enjoyed it so much that she wanted to share its joy and
happiness with others by becoming a choir leader herself. As well as her voice work Sarah is administrator
for two small businesses.
What they say ...
... about singing for Health and Wellbeing
... about Pop Up Choirs
- "Thursday night is my 'natural Prozac'!"
- "Thanks for a great day yesterday at the concert - I really enjoyed it and am so glad I braved it.
I woke up this morning singing the right words (better late than never!). Sadly Parkinson's has affected my
confidence a whole load. I used to be a Family Lawyer in my previous life, so thanks for your help."
- "Group singing takes me away from my problems for a few hours each week."
- "Singing with you is good for the soul."
... about Team Building Events
- "Loved it! Magic! Pure Awesome!"
- "You don't need to be a brilliant singer to create a beautiful sound in a short time with group singing."
- "The enthusiasm of your team is infectious! You are a talented bunch and amazing teachers!"
... about our Community Choirs
- "Honestly one of the best activities I've been involved with in 17 years with the learning & development field."
- "Great team builder ... and the positives on the body and mood are amazing ..."
- "The sharing of an unusual experience with colleagues helps morale, team cohesion and expands our
understanding of each other."
- "Harmonising helps working as a team."
- "Thank you so much, I am loving the choir, it ticks all the right boxes and makes it feel good to be alive!"
- "A huge thank you to the team for making our Thursday evenings such fun. I absolutely love our sessions
and have a wonderful time. Everyone's so friendly. You've made an old man very happy!"
- "I so enjoy our Wednesday singing sessions. It is the highlight of my week. Thank you for all your
hard work, but most of all, for making it such fun."
- "There were a lot of choirs where I used to live but I have never come across one so full of vitality as yours."
- "I just wanted to say that I love your work in the world. The whole team are joy makers and I thank you